Our Forgotten Warriors is committed to helping military families that need temporary financial support or an advocate to ensure they receive the benefits and services they have earned. But we cannot do it alone! We collaborate with government agencies, private organizations, and concerned individuals that have pledged their support to this effort.
There are several ways you can help as a volunteer or donor:
- Contact OFW and let us know about the need in your area.
- Give time to a veterans’ hospital. You can serve as a volunteer by reading to recuperating wounded warriors; by bringing them food, magazines, and books; or by helping overworked staff with basic non-medical duties.
- Donate gift cards to OFW for groceries, clothing, school supplies, and other meaningful items.
- On behalf of OFW, petition corporations and other businesses for donations.
- Organize a bake sale, car wash, or auction, with proceeds going to OFW. Get your neighborhood, workplace, school, or church involved in the project. Solicit help from young people, and increase their knowledge and appreciation of our veterans.
Here are some more examples of possible fundraisers. Don’t worry! You will not be doing this alone. If you have a great idea, contact us and we will connect you to other volunteers who can help you organize your event.
- Sports competition, or Poker Tournament or Casino Night.
- Golf Tournament
- Family-oriented activities at your religious institution or community center
- Cookout – Sell tickets to a barbecue or a spaghetti dinner, and ask local grocers to donate food or drinks.
- Bake Sale
- Academic competition at your school such as a Spelling or History Bee
- Community-wide Talent Show
- Fun Run or Walk
- Chain of Thanks – Sell red, white, and blue paper links that will wrap the school as a way to express gratitude to all the heroes and heroines in the US military.
- Red, White, and Blue Day – Designate a day to honor our troops and and sell tickets
- Carnival – Commission professionals to set up carnival rides and magician shows, inflate play areas, offer face painting and henna tattooing, sell food and handicrafts, and do a myriad other things to make the event enjoyable.
- Cheese- and Wine-Tasting Party
- Garage Sale
- Inquire at your company about corporate matching of charitable giving by employees
To sponsor a fundraiser for wounded heroes and their families , or other awareness-and-mobilization campaigns on behalf of OFW, please contact Monica Wilson at