Information on TBI & PTSI Symptoms & Treatment
Understanding Brain Injury - A Guide for the Family Explains the impact that a brain injury in one family member can have on the entire family. Contains information on the structure and function of the human brain; the causes of brain injury; the recovery process; and behavior and communication changes after brain injury. Document is in PDF format.
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Provides answers and information about frequently asked questions and important issues facing TBI survivors. Also offers a daily blog, in-depth articles, links to resources, and commentary on developments in research and recovery, and a library of videos from brain injury survivors and their families.
- Brain Injury Association Provides information, education and support to assist the 5.3 million Americans currently living with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and their families. Call toll-free 1-800-444-6443 for brain injury information.
- BrainLine A national multimedia project offering information and resources about preventing, treating and living with TBI. A service of WETA, the public TV and radio station in Washington, D.C.
- Defense Centers of Excellence (DCoE) for Psychological Health (PH) & Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) A collaborative effort toward optimizing PH and TBI treatment for the U.S. Department of Defense. Establishes quality standards for clinical care; education and training; prevention; patient, family and community outreach; and program excellence.
- Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) Serves active duty military, their dependents and Veterans with TBI through state-of-the-art medical care, innovative clinical research initiatives and educational programs.
- Facts About Concussion and Brain Injury Brochure Explains what can happen after a concussion, how to get better and where to go for more information and help when needed. Document is in PDF format.
- Facts About Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) General information on TBI from the Brain Injury Association of America.
- Gateway to PTSI Information Comprehensive gateway to information on PTSI from four organizations. Includes articles, guides, Web links, mini-courses, 800 phone access and e-mail pen-pal resources.
- National Alliance on Mental Health - Veterans Resource Center Resources for Veterans and active duty military members as well as their families, friends and advocates. Includes information on TBI/PTSI, how to obtain VA benefits, women Veteran resources, online discussion groups and more.
- National Center for PTSI Information Center In-depth information on PTSI and traumatic stress for a general audience. Includes FAQ, fact sheets, where to get help and more.
- National Institute of Mental Health - PTSI Information Provides comprehensive information on PTSI. Includes signs and symptoms, treatment, getting help and related information.
- Outreach Center for Psychological Health & Traumatic Brain Injury A 24-hour outreach center that provides information and referrals to military Service Members, Veterans, their families and others who have questions about psychological health and TBI. Operated by the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury (DCoE), which is reachable by phone at 866-966-1020 and by e-mail at
- Published International Literature On Traumatic Stress (PILOTS) The largest index of published materials on trauma and PTSI.
- Traumatic Brain Injury Technical Assistance Center A learning, collaboration and benchmarking tool for the grantees and others affiliated with the Federal Traumatic Brain Injury Program.
- Understanding Post-Traumatic Stress Injury and Recovery Brochure from the National Alliance on Mental Illness that addresses PTSI.
- VA Office of Mental Health Services (OMHS) VA Web site that provides information about mental health conditions and services.